Here is a pair of fancy 1911’s. Both pistols have color case hardened frames and clear lacquer coating. This is one of the few operations that I have to sub-contract and send out. Color case hardening was performed by Classic Guns LTD.
The Commander sized 1911 is a Wilson Combat Professional, with limited work performed by myself.
Rear sight was replaced with Richard Heinie Low-Mount and the sight has my relief cut and front serrations, for one hand manipulation. Front sight has a 10k gold insert. The top strap, of the slide, was machine serrated 40 LPI. The slide and small parts are finished with a custom mixed color of KG Gun Kote. Springs were replaced, barrel throat and feed ramp were polished, and the pistol underwent a thorough inspection.
Full sized, Government length, STI Duty One, is owned by my former Supervisor. It too exhibits a Classic Guns LTD, color case hardened frame, but received, far more, extensive work!!!
Pistol was originally configured as a .40 S&W. A second 357 Sig barrel was fitted. Due to the extreme ballistic variations, between those calibers, an adjustable rear sight was fitted. This is one, of only a few pistols, that has ever left my shop with an adjustable rear sight!!
- .355 caliber STI barrel blank was chambered to .357 Sig and fitted
- Top strap of slide was machine serrated 40 LPI
- Both barrels were crowned and polished
- Adjustable rear sight fitted
- Gold bead front sight installed
- One piece guide rod installed
- All sharp edges broken
- Mag Well installed
- Solid trigger installed
Standard reliability enhancements included:
- Tension extractor
- Polish barrel throat and feed ramp
- Chamfer barrel hood
- Slide and small parts coated with CeraKote, custom color mix
- Color case hardening provided by Classic Guns, L.T.D (www.classicgunsinc.com)
- STI .355 barrel blank
- Wilson Combat, one piece, guide rod
- Greider short, solid, trigger
- Nighthawk one piece mag well
- Bocote grips by Artisan Stock & Gunworks